When it comes to upright vacuum cleaners, products on sale are plentiful in almost every store in the United States. With our upright vacuum cleaner’s guide for 2020, we make it easy for consumers to find the best vacuum cleaner for themselves. We aim to help you find the best upright vacuums possible while deciphering the jargon for you so that you can understand all the product specifications.
Most homeowners will use a vacuum cleaner a few times per week for different floor types. They are ideal for individuals with a backache. The position of the spine, when you are using it is natural, relaxing and it doesn’t cause fatigue. If you compare it to other types of vacuum cleaners, the situation is completely different, in a negative way. The real question is, which benefits large, standard vacuum cleaners have? Now, we will see some of the most important reasons, why upright vacuum cleaners are so popular.
Top Picks : 5 Best Upright Vacuum
Top Upright Vacuums Reviews
1. Hoover WindTunnel UH72400 Vacuum Cleaner
- The sweeper is very light and easy to manoeuvre around corners.
- It is versatile – cleaning on many surfaces.
- Cleans your house very well because of its good suction.
- Does not take up much space.
- The controls are in awkward places.
- It tends to fall over, so it must be used with extra support.
This vacuum comes with a steerable technology that navigates very smoothly around barriers and furniture. All you need to do is twist the handle in the direction you want it to go. At less than 14lbs, including tools and the wand, the cleaner is lightweight and very portable.
It also comes with WindTunnel 3 Technology – 3 suction channels – that lifts and absorbs embedded dirt in your carpets, rugs as well as other surfaces. The multi-floor brush roll moves seamlessly on different surfaces with only the push of a button. The HEPA media filter traps a high amount of dust and pollens even as small as 0.3 microns.
The cleaner also includes a 2 in 1 crevice tool that is suitable for cleaning crevices and creaks with great precision, and its using mode cleans areas such as furniture surfaces and vents with relative ease.
2. Bissell 1330 CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass
- Very easy to remove the dirt from the dustbin.
- It cleans up most of your dirt upon initial contact with the surface.
- Very easy to set up and maintain.
- The hose is shorter than other cleaners, while the wand does not get very far.
- It can be noisy and irritating, though this is not a major issue.
- The buttons are in awkward places and you cannot turn off the brushes from the power switch.
If you need a vacuum cleaner, which keeps cleaning simply but effectively, you may want to try this product. The Bissell 1330 vacuum cleaner comes with an innovative brush design that cleans on initial passage over surfaces. Its OnePass Technology gives constant, powerful suction. It has a multi-level filtration system that reduces and eliminates household allergens. While the cyclonic system contributes to the sleek design and powerful suction.
The power cord goes up to 25-feet, and the cleaner includes a Turbo Brush tool, washable foam Tank Filter, a bottom Easy Empty dirt tank and a crevice tool within the extension wand. The premium attachments ensure quick and effective cleaning sessions so that you can continue with other tasks.
3. Shark NV42 Navigator Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- It cleans almost all surface you put it perfectly, and detects and removes even dirt that you cannot remove using manual sweeping methods.
- Very good suction power.
- Very easy to clean, assemble and disassemble.
- Extremely portable and lightweight
- The ergonomic handle is very easy to hold.
- It has a quiet mechanism, unlike many other upright vacuum cleaners.
- It has two suction levels that ensure your house not only gets clean, but stays clean.
- It lacks on-board storage for some of its accessories.
- The canister is relatively small so it needs more emptying.
- The power cord tends to come out of the socket.
This vacuum cleaner promises you a wonderful cleaning experience because it is powerful and lightweight enough to manoeuvre around obstacles. Equipped with Never Loses Suction technology and a large capacity dust cup, it gives you an opportunity to clean your home extensively without interruption.
It has a brush roll shutoff in case you want to clean your deep clean your carpets and bare floors gently, while its extra-long wand and hose measure up to ten feet for easier cleaning of above-floor surfaces. The crevice tool, upholstery tool and dusting brush are all included in the purchase.
4. Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC Pet Upright Vacuum
- It is easy to spot residual dirt and pet hair, thanks to the LED lights.
- There is easy swivelling of the head, while the wheels also move seamlessly.
- It is easy to clean the components.
- Very good suction power and it cleans surfaces very well
- It has very useful attachments.
- It is not easy to push the vacuum cleaner under furniture due to its bag less container, which is big.
- The cleaner tends to be a bit heavy, which is cumbersome for elderly or frail people.
The UH74210PC vacuum cleaner promises you highly efficient operations as you use it. It easily manoeuvres around your furniture and deeply cleans tight spaces due to its swivel steering capacity.
It can clean up multiple floor surfaces. All you need to do is turn the brush tool ON when you are cleaning carpets or rugs, and OFF when on hard wood floors to prevent scattering of debris on your hard wood floors. The advanced action brush roll assists in handling deeply embedded dirt, and the cleaning wand extends up to thirteen feet to ensure easy transitions from carpets to above floor clean-ups.
The vacuum uses multi-cyclonic technology that makes sure there is no loss of suction power and provides you with a seamless cleaning experience. The extra-large capacity Dirt cup ensures you empty it less frequently while cleaning becomes more convenient.
The vacuum comes with high-intensity LED lights that spot remaining pet hair and fine dust easily, while the WindTunnel technology captures dirt and dust particles. In addition, the multi-purpose pet tools remove stubborn pet hair on whatever surface it is resting on, while the sealed allergen system makes sure to trap 99% of dust and allergens, including those less than 0.5 microns. You can rest easy knowing that the cleaner has undergone extensive Hoover testing for claws and Paws, so it meets very high standards for pet hair removal.
5. Shark Rotator NV501 Professional Lift-Away – All-Time Favorite Shark Vacuum
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble, as well as cleaning the components.
- The dust bin is of a good size.
- The cord length is good especially when you are trying to reach higher surfaces like window sills.
- Good suction ability, and it does not leave any residue.
- The smaller head gives you easier access to nooks and crannies in your house.
- The swivel action on the head allows for easy turns the attachments work very well with the cleaner.
- The cord is non-retractable and easily fall over if you pull on them too much.
- The heat regulation is not very effective – you need to be careful when using it or else it will burn surfaces like carpets.
The Shark Rotator NV501 cleans your home like a shark – leaving no dirt behind to spot. The canister can easily be lifted away with just the touch of a button, and clean hard to reach areas. The vacuum has a 2-in-1 mechanism that is very portable, while the premium pet power brush quickly sucks in debris and pet hair and deep cleans dander on all your surfaces. The triple-filter system ensures that you leave your surfaces clean, and as long as you clean them, the vacuum should serve you well for a long time.
The anti-allergen complete seal technology and HEPA filter works by sucking in 99% of dust and allergens, and the vacuum comes with LED headlights as well as advanced swivel steering for easy control around your furniture. An added bonus is the large capacity dust cup, which gives you a more convenient cleaning experience.
6. Shark Navigator NV352 Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Great suction power, easily absorbing both debris or dust particles, and pet hair.
- Surprisingly, the vacuum cleaner has a quiet working mechanism.
- Very easy to navigate due to the swiveling feature.
- The on-off brush power is very good when you are handling hardwood or tile floor surfaces.
- Easy to handle and clean the parts.
- Lightweight and very portable.
- It happens to be too top-heavy and can easily tip over as a result.
- It is fragile – some parts break easily when it falls because it is not strong enough.
- The cord and hose are both short so it can be challenging to reach certain surfaces in the house.
The Shark Navigator NV352 is a powerful, lightweight upright vacuum that comes with a detachable carrier for portable cleaning power. Its Lift-Away technology allows you to easily lift the canister and reach for areas that are notoriously difficult to clean, such as windowsills and wall corners.
Weighing only 12.5lbs, the vacuum is a 2-in-1 cleaner that is equipped with swivel steering to allow for excellent control levels when you are cleaning around your furniture, and its sealed system with the HEPA filter traps allergens and dust. In addition, it contains a Brush roll Shutoff button that is easy to find – with just the push of this button, you can easily switch between bare floor and carpet cleaning.
It comes with a cord measuring up to 25-feet, while its floor attachment has a ‘V’s shape to funnel debris into itself.
7. Kenmore 31140 Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Dirt Vacuuming Expert
- Great for picking up dirt. It is one of the best vacuum cleaners when you own pets because of its great suction ability.
- Has a quiet mechanism during working.
- Easy swiveling action, which can get under furniture as you clean.
- Well-built and easy to operate.
- The power cord is not retractable – this can make it inconvenient to handle while using it during cleaning.
- It is top-heavy, so it must be used with some extra support to ensure it does not fall down.
- The exhaust housing sits at a low point on the machine, so it tends to blow dust and other particles on both sides
The Kenmore 31140 vacuum cleaner has a powerful suction ability and provides you with a sanitary home that stays cleaner for longer. You need not worry any longer about possible decreasing suction power levels because it uses Power Flow Technology to keep suction levels stable, and to make sure you do not leave debris behind as you clean your house, it comes with a dual motor system as well.
The Pet HandiMate attachment and telescoping wand ensure you reach high cobwebs as well as deep pet dander, regardless of the part of your house they are in. when the vacuum bag is full, the cleaner has a performance indicator that lets you know, while the smooth floor transitions sort out your household cleaning chores.
The PetHandi Mate attachment grabs residual pet hair from your upholstery, stairs, floors and furniture, so you no longer need to worry about leftover pet hair in your home.
Because this machine weighs only 19lbs, it can go through household cleaning with ease, while staying lightweight and portable.
8. Electrolux EL8851A Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- It is well constructed – even though it is not lightweight, it remains durable and the weight is well distributed.
- It has very good suction, similar to brands such as Dyson.
- The HEPA filter is large and detachable, so it is easy to clean.
- The self-cleaning brush is very effective.
- The cord reaches up to twelve feet, which is long enough to get to some hard-to-reach areas.
- It is easy to set up the cleaner and has good performance.
- It has different height settings and an LED light to indicate to you which brush type you are using.
- If you want a lightweight vacuum cleaner, this vacuum will be very inconvenient for you.
- The cord is not retractable, though this is not a major issue
Your home deserves a new beginning, courtesy of the Electrolux EL8851A vacuum cleaner. Coming with a patented self-cleaning brush roll, it comes in a 3-in-1 design – containing a crevice tool, dusting brush or upholstery nozzle – to give you the right tools that you need for all your home cleaning sessions.
The precision Pro gives a powerful suction power for all your floors, and the sealed HEPA filter system captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants, including those that are less than 0.3 microns.
The Pro Release cleaning wand gives you extended cleanings, which are always within your reach and it features a professional-grade aluminium and coming with a stretch hose as well.
9. Dirt Devil UD70169 Power Flex Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum
- The cleaner is light in its weight.
- Good suction, especially for pet hair and dander.
- Has a quiet mechanism.
- Very user friendly, and it is also easy to clean.
- Very versatile and can clean both hard floors and carpets with ease.
- Good performance for its price.
- The spinning brush attachment and the claw are good for removing stubborn hair and dirt from upholstery and carpets or rugs.
- The hose tends to detach from the vacuum cleaner or the holder that keeps it in place.
- When the vacuum cleaner misses a particle due to one reason or another and the small brush gets it, it tends to heat up and smell within a short time.
- It tends to clog up very easily.
- The hose is very short – it is only eight feet, so it may not be long enough to reach certain surfaces.
Being one of the more powerful brands you can find, its Spin3 Pro brush roll technology, it comes with two bristle types that clean both carpet and hard floors. The dirt cup comes in an extra-large size for more convenience on your part, and easily collects and removes your pet’s hair without much struggle.
The turbo-claw pet hair tool attracts and sucks in pet hair that could be on your furniture, upholstery or staircase, and it has a unique odour trapping carbon filter that minimizes pet smells.
The lightweight design enables maximum portability, and you can easily carry it to different rooms. The cleaning wand measures up to eight feet, which is short, but it can be useful if you move the cleaner around your house.
10. Dirt Devil UD20005 Easy Lite Cyclonic Upright Vacuum
- Simple and easy to use while staying lightweight and very portable.
- Good suction ability.
- Very compact, especially because it does not have an extra bag.
- Works very well, especially on hardwood floor surfaces.
- The motor and the fan are both very durable.
- The canister and other vacuum parts are easy to detach and clean.
- The HEPA filter works very well.
- It does a good job of cleaning, at least until the canister is halfway full.
- The suction wand tubing is stiff and short, and is of low quality.
- The cord is also stiff and tends to coil into a helix shape, which can be inconveniencing.
- The vacuum cleaner is too light to stand on its own, and has to be used with some support.
- The brush bar cannot be easily removed for cleaning tangled hair and fibres.
- The foam tends to clog up quickly.
This bag less upright vacuum cleaner works very well for smaller, narrow spaces because of its streamlined design, which also helps it to manoeuvre staircases and under furniture easily.
The bag less design as well as its cyclonic filtration system provides maximum suction and dirt separation effectiveness, while the automatic height adjustment and 20-foot power cord enable you to clean your surfaces effectively. It comes with an additional on-board crevice tool and dusting brush.
11. Dyson 206900-01 Ball Multi Floor upright corded vacuum
- HEPA filtration.
- Easy to use in hard-to-reach places.
- One click bin emptying.
- Ball technology.
- Superb filtration.
- Cleaner head is self-adjusting.
- Slightly expensive.
- The weight.
The Dyson 206900-01 is a great vacuum. Unlike many inferior vacuums it features a self-adjusting cleaner head, which allows it to effortlessly manipulate it, to ensure there is a quality seal between the cleaning head and the floor. This ensures that as much debris is lifted from the floor as possible, by making sure the amount of suction is as high as possible. It features the latest HEPA technology integrated within the filters, making the air within your home much cleaner. Most vacuums feature standard filters, which means that dust and debris is recirculated around the room, and becomes airborne. The Dyson 206900-01 also features Dyson’s latest proprietary ball technology, which makes the vacuum much easier to maneuver and get into the smallest places possible, saving you a lot of time. With an integrated hose and an array of attachments available for purchase, regardless of where you plan to clean – the Dyson 206900-01 has you covered. If you are looking for a great quality vacuum, at a fair price – Dyson is the brand to go with. It is designed to last. The price may be higher than some of the competition, but the quality is much better, and the lifespan of a Dyson vacuum is simply unbeatable. The Dyson 206900-01 possesses a tonne of great features, designed to make your life easier. Such as the self-adjusting cleaner head, and the hygienic bin emptying mechanism, the HEPA filters are great if you have breathing problems, as they trap all allergens within the vacuum.
12. Hoover Vacuum UH20040 bagless lightweight upright vacuum cleaner
- Removable handle.
- 3 height positions.
- Perfect allergen absorption.
- Small bin.
- Removable handle.
Hoover is another great brand, designed to save you time, and money. It has competitive pricing, and the Hoover UH20040 Vacuum is no exception. Available for under $50, it’s hard to see why you would consider anything else. It may be a basic upright vacuum, but it’s lightweight, which will help reduce a backache. It features a specially designed tool which attaches to the removable hose and allows you to effortlessly clean stairs, window sills, and even ceilings. The cyclones within the vacuum are designed to separate small particles before they reach the filter, this means you won’t have to clean/replace the filter as often. The Hoover UH20040 also features an extra-long power cord, coming in at 23-feet, this will save you a lot of time and frustration, as you won’t need to unplug the vacuum as often, which can be a problem when vacuuming larger rooms. Despite this being a cheap vacuum, it does have many premium features – such as height adjustment, so you can get the perfect level of suction on whatever floor you are cleaning. Included with the vacuum is a 2-in-1 brushed crevice tool, designed to get into all those small spaces.
13. Shark Rocket DeluxePro HV321 Ultra-Light upright vacuum cleaner
- Easy to maneuver
- Two in one.
- LED lights.
- Permanent suction.
- Lightweight 8 lbs.
- Interesting design.
- The portable vacuum cleaner is heavy.
- Loud during vacuuming.
- Hot air.
Now the time has come to talk about the Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright HV321. It is on sale for quite some time, and during that period, it managed to archive a high number of positive reviews and to be on most top 10 lists. The explanation why is very simple. This isn’t ordinary vacuum cleaner with standard features. It is unique, different and simply said, extraordinary model. The number of features is high, the price is higher, but still affordable, and especially if you know that you get two vacuum cleaners in one! This is possible thanks to the original design. In normal mode, you get a conventional vacuum cleaner, but you can remove the upper part and use it as a separate device. An interesting addition is the LED lights. They are installed on the nozzle and on the upper part of the device. Cleaning the dark areas is much simpler and due to the fact these are LEDs, you get white and clean light. All impurities can be easily noticed and then vacuumed. The suction is at a high level, but more importantly, it will always stay the same, no matter where and how long you use this vacuum cleaner. This is important if we know that the model in questions features floor to ceiling cleaning. In simple words, you can use it for cleaning the entire home. The handling is improved, compared to similar models. The answer is in the handle that is advanced and more complicated than most vacuum cleaners have today. It allows you to move it as easy as possible.
The main reasons why upright vacuum cleaners are popular
If you are one of those who believes that upright vacuum cleaners are small, ineffective and powerless, you are wrong. Newer models, all of those on the list are completely different than this claim. First of all, they are powerful, they can perfectly clean the entire home and they are practical.
They save a lot of space.
Even if you live in a huge home, space may be insufficient. More space for gadgets, loose items, furniture is always needed, so using all the space you have is important. A big vacuum cleaner can occupy more space than you would normally use for it. Most of them are impractical, so they occupy even more space than usual! Upright vacuum cleaners are different. Although not as space saving as robotic vacuums, they do occupy a very little space and due to the unique design, they can be placed almost anywhere. In a matter of fact, you can place them somewhere where standard vacuum cleaners simply don’t have access. Upright vacuum cleaners are foldable. Their handles can be folded some elements detached and etc. This means that for individuals and families who live in small apartments, storing a vacuum cleaner is simpler than ever. You will have a lot more free space, but none of the benefits a vacuum cleaner offer won’t be compromised. This is also one of the main reasons why most people choose them and why they are highly recommended for people who live in the aforementioned accommodations. Nevertheless, they are suitable for larger homes also, due to powerful electric motors and high level of practicality.
Lightweight and portable
An average upright vacuum cleaner will have a weight of 10 pounds. There are models with even lower weights, up to 5 pounds. An important fact that must be mentioned is that the quality isn’t compromised due to a low weight. Newer models are made from high-quality, strong plastics and elements that can withstand a lot of pressure, minor damages and they are even resistant to scratches. In other words, just because a vacuum cleaner is lightweight, it doesn’t mean it is fragile. Some of these models are more durable than standard vacuum cleaners. Thanks to the low weight, you can easily move your upright vacuum cleaner as you want it. There are no limitations and cleaning will be simpler than ever. For comparison, when a person uses a larger, heavier vacuum cleaner, he/she will have to rest a couple of times, while cleaning the entire home. When using an upright vacuum cleaner, rest isn’t needed. That’s why they are known as a huge time-savers. A low weight is important and beneficial due to the positive effect it has on the back. People with a backache should consider these vacuum cleaners especially!
Easy to maneuver
We said that upright vacuum cleaners are more than just useful, so here is another reason for that. Their nozzles, their dimensions, low weight and design itself allow you to use them effortlessly. Maneuvering is simple and much better than you may believe. Standard vacuum cleaners must be dragged across the floor and in a case of a thick carpet, they must be lifted. A very annoying issue. On the other side, upright models don’t. You can use them anywhere you want and reach spaces normally are in accessible to you. Separate facts are new features and systems that improve maneuverability even more. Some of them have swivel handles which can be folded but still offer perfect controlling. Another reason is features at the base of vacuum cleaners. They are designed to work together with handles, and they are well-balanced. All of this means that your vacuum cleaner will go where you want it to go. Tight and problematic spaces can be cleaned in a matter of seconds, while with old vacuum cleaners, you need minutes. Add the fact they also have LED lights, and you can get an idea how easy cleaning is.
Upright vacuum cleaners are all except simple. They come in a variety of shapes and with a variety of features. All of this means that finding the right one may be complicated, especially if you are buying your first vacuum cleaner. There are some facts and features you simply want to have. They make the entire vacuum cleaner better and more useful. Luckily, most of the standard models come with all of them features, so you should get all you really want. These features can also make a vacuum cleaner easier to use, and safer, especially if you have children or pets. In addition, upright vacuum cleaners are specifically optimized for pet owners, that’s why all of them come with pet-tools, for cleaning hair and dirt of your pets.
Hygienic- Anti allergies
We mentioned that upright vacuum cleaners are safe. They are safe due to the fact they clean and remove more allergens than any other type of vacuum cleaners. This is achieved with the help of several systems, which simply increase the air flow in the vacuum cleaner and pushes it through different filters. As such, 99% of allergens are trapped inside and eventually disposed of. Allergens are small particles that can cause severe allergies. They can be divided into large, medium and micro-allergens. Old vacuum cleaners cannot trap the smallest and some cannot even capture the medium sized allergens, which is a reason to be concerned. Upright vacuum cleaners capture all three types, without an issue. Don’t think that when you empty a bag or a canister, allergens will be released. They are compressed and trapped, no matter what type of bag or canister your vacuum cleaner has. As such, allergens will be completely removed from your home. This is the main reason why upright vacuum cleaners are recommended for people who are prone to different allergies. A separate kind of vacuum cleaners are those with HEPA filters. Just to mention them, because they are the most particle-absorbing, effective air filters in the world. They are used in hospitals, so you can imagine how successful they are. Having a vacuum cleaner with this kind of filter is the best thing you can do.
Bagged or bagless
There are two main types of upright vacuum cleaners. They can be divided into bagged and bagless, according to the system they use to trap dirt. The first type are bagged vacuum cleaners. As the name suggests, they use a bag in order to capture all the dirt and dust. They are more hygienic and they are especially useful when it comes to people who are prone to allergies. Once sealed, a bag is disposed without opening, so you don’t have a contact with it. Most of them use HEPA filters, which simply makes them even better. Bags are large, making maintenance less common. You don’t have to clean a bag often. Bagless vacuum cleaners are newer models. Instead of a bag, they have a canister. The main benefit is the fact you can see when the canister is full, so you must empty it. They are also less expensive and they don’t require bags. Because there are no bags to dispose of, they are an eco-friendly option. Some of the latest models have shown significant improvements in the air filtration, making them better than ever. This also made them more popular than ever and the popularity is rising as we speak.
Hardwood floor and/or carpets
Different floor types require different cleaning techniques, we all know that. However, they also require different vacuuming techniques. As such, upright vacuum cleaners are a wise decision. Why? They have adjustment systems which will completely transfer the suction power of the vacuum according to the type of floor you are cleaning at that moment. For carpets, more suction is needed and a head must be lifted from it. Some vacuum cleaners of this kind have auto-height adjustments. Others have 3, 5 or 7 height adjustments, which is all more than needed. On the other side, when it comes to vacuuming hard floors, they will adapt to the surface, eliminating more dust than ever before. This especially applies to the hardwood floors. They must be cleaned in a special way, so they are tricky to get them right. Normally, without this system, you will use just one type of suction and setting in order to clean your floors. There are some drawbacks with this method. Allergens and dust will stay in the carpets or they will be pressed even deeper into them. When you step on that surface, they will be released, something that must be avoided at all cost. The situation is the same when it comes to the hardwood floors. Dust won’t be collected properly, so it will still stay on them, meaning that you didn’t complete the job right!
Most people have pets, and they probably know how hard is to clean an apartment or a home. One trick and an important alternative you should use are upright vacuum cleaners. They are specially modified and designed to be useful in a case when a user wants to clean hair from the furniture. Old vacuum cleaners were almost useless in this matter and all they did is smudge the hair across the furniture. As you may know, upright vacuum cleaners (usually top rated ones) come with a special tool that is designed to pick up all the hair from the furniture. It is available as an attachment and all vacuum cleaners on the top 10 list must have them. What they do is use tiny motorized brushes to collect all the hair. By doing that, they are much faster and much simpler than standard tools for removing pet’s hair. A real pleasure is being able to use these tools on soft and delicate pieces of furniture. In order to make them as effective as they are, manufacturers use soft brushes which are better at collecting the hair. A related feature is a noise upright vacuum cleaners make. The electric motor that powers the entire device is located on a different way than in standard vacuum cleaners. As the result, they produce less noise than old-fashioned models. This makes cleaning while pets or children are sleeping possible and simpler. Note: Upright vacuum cleaners usually don’t release hot air as standard types.
This is probably the less-known fact here, but it is the most important one. It stands for high-efficiency particulate arrestance or high-efficiency particulate air and it represents a special kind or air filters. In order to qualify to get this class, air filters must absorb 99.97% of the particles which are smaller than 0.3 microns. Each filter is tested and if it fails the test just for the smallest difference, it cannot be rated as HEPA. These filters are also approved by the DOE (United States Department of Energy), which makes them the safest choice here. The applications of these filters are numerous. They are commonly used in cars, factories, medical facilities and in our case in vacuum cleaners. They were invented in the 50s, but in the past few years, they were especially popular in vacuum cleaners. Only the best and the most sophisticated models have HEPA filters, and we highly recommend them. Why? They have only pros and not a single drawback. If we compare them to ordinary air filters, HEPA models are at least 30% more effective. HEPA filters use three mechanisms, interception, impaction, and diffusion. Reach stage is designed to trap a single type of dust particles, large, medium and the smallest.
The final thought
At the end, we want to stress how important, having a well-made and sophisticated vacuum cleaner is. It won’t only keep your home clean, it will keep it safe and protected from various threats. On the other hand, we have those vacuum cleaners that aren’t as good as their manufacturers claim! That’s why we tested and compared only the best and the most advanced upright vacuum cleaner available on the market right now. All of these models are astonishing and flawless. They will serve you for many years and they will require as little maintenance as possible. Keeping your home clean and protected is much safer with upright vacuum cleaners. They can reach places conventional models can’t, and they will absorb more particles than any other alternative. There are many reasons why to choose this kind of vacuum cleaners (we mentioned the most important above) but there is not a single reason why not to choose them. The best part, they come in a variety of ranges, with different features and with different prices, so there is an upright vacuum cleaner to fit any wallet.